Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to)
- Produces components by assembling parts and sub-assemblies.
- Reads and deciphers schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
- Positions or aligns components and parts, either manually or with hoists.
- Uses hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Conducts quality control checks.
- Cleans and maintains work area and equipment, including tools.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and sub-assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains inventory by checking stock to determine supply levels, placing and tracking orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Mechanical and technical skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Safety management mindset
- Focus on quality control
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination, including the ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble parts and components that are often very small.
- High School diploma/GED
- English Proficiency
- Must be 18 years of age
- 1-2 years of machine shop experience
Wage information: $16.00/hr (depending on experience of candidate)