Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to)
- Sets up and operates thermal cutting machines which cut metal plates structural shapes to dimensions, contour, and bevel specified by blueprints, layout, work orders, and templates.
- Lifts, positions and clamps metal stock onto bed of machine.
- Connects hoses from torch to regulator valves & cylinders of oxygen fuel gas, like acetylene, hydrogen, or propane.
- Selects torch tip and computes gas pressure and mixture, and speed of cut, according to type thickness of metal, data charts, or record of previous cuts.
- Pushes button to adjust sliding arm from side or overhead carriage to position torch over cutting line, and to adjust height of head over workpiece to make longitudinal cuts.
- Pushes buttons and reads gauges to obtain selected gas pressure and mixture set speed of cutting action.
- Pushes button to automatically light torch, preheat metal to oxidizing temperature, and open valve to release additional oxygen to cut through metal.
- Pushes button to automatically position torch at cutting line to start machine moving along line.
- May maintain records of operating data.
- May lay out cutting lines, using rule, tape, and square.
- May preheat metal to remove surface impurities, using hand torch.
- May clamp two or more plates together for simultaneous cutting.
Participates in the following training:
- Time Tracking (properly clocking in/out of SAP and Time Tracker
- Blueprint reading
- Process in how parts are built
- Learn acceptable criteria of what we expect for the quality of our product
- Safety procedures and rules (to include wearing applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) while conducting, or in the vicinity of welding and cutting activities and learning to safely move parts and material around the facility)
- Overhead cranes
- Rigging with straps and chains
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient Communication
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Oriented
- Ability to produce quality products consistently
- High School diploma/GED
- At least 1-2 years previous table cutting experience
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work an off shift if required
Wage Information: $17.00/hr (depending on experience of candidate) and offering a $5.00 shift differential for Second Shift non training schedules.