Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (to include, but not limited to)
- Certified in all certifications required for LPOA.
- Follows any and all safety rules, and helps to guide newer employees to follow these rules.
- Wears Applicable (PPE) while conducting, or in the vicinity of welding and cutting activities.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to further grow their skills and knowledge to increase their capabilities, while exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Able to take on tasks from the simplest to the most complex.
- Capable and eager to take on any new job and is able to find a good solution to fabricate successfully.
- Proficient at performing quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, examining work pieces for defects, measuring work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications, identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified and rework and/or repair welded parts and products according to engineered drawings and specifications.
- Fluent in reading, understanding and interpreting LPOA blueprints.
- Good understanding of basic shop mathematics and the ability to analyze engineered drawings, sketches, diagrams, specifications, weld symbols, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately create product to specifications.
- Proficient at planning layout, performing layout, create specific weldment setups and fixturing to meet specific geometric requirements. Ensures proper fit up such as position, alignment and secures parts and assemblies prior to final welding.
- Knowledge of process to heat straighten parts to bring back into specifications when required.
- Regularly displays skills to evaluate and monitor weld machine setting per (SOP) for proper performance and maintain welding machines using preventative maintenance methods.
- Ability to operate all welding equipment such as saws, grinders, torches, pressure regulators, gas cylinders that may relate to the type of welding being performed.
- Prioritizes workflow through effective communication with supervisor
- Independently asks questions and communicates with engineering as well as other departments when the needs arise.
- Mentors, coaches, performs checks and answers questions with newer employees.
- Sets goals for self and others to push towards an environment of doing projects correctly and the most cost effective way possible.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the scope of their own job description to ensure the departments success.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient Communication
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Oriented
- Ability to produce quality products consistently
- Dependable! Good work ethic
- High School diploma/GED
- At least 3 years previous MIG,TIG & Stick welding experience and or welding certificate with experience required.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work an off shift if required
Level III Rate: $22.00 an hour (depending on experience of candidate) and offering a $5.00 shift differential for Second Shift non training schedules.