Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (to include, but not limited to)
- Successfully complete 3G weld testing.
- Practices safety rules. Wears applicable Personal Protective equipment (PPE) while conducting, or in the vicinity of welding and cutting activities.
- Proficiently reads blueprints. Interprets basic blueprints and can recognize issues with drawings when they arise and ask questions. Accurately perform layout, fit up, cutouts, drill, fabrication, weld joint preparation, build and weld properly all of our less complex jobs as well as be able to evaluate and monitor weld machine settings per Standard Operating Procedure for proper performance.
- Performs work to LPOA SOPs and standards of quality.
- Readily able to perform visual inspection on own work for incomplete fusion, incomplete joint penetration, undercut, porosity, cracks, bad appearance and correct if necessary
- Competent in moving finished product. Having knowledge of rigging and using straps and chains to safely use overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to safely move product using any equipment at facility, and knows where it belongs.
- Good self-starter who can build most jobs in our facility with little supervision.
- Mentors and assists less experienced welders perform their job in an efficient manner.
- Proficient with SAP and Time Tracker.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and frequently lift and/or move 10-20lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand for 8 -10 hours a day, 5 -6 days a week.
- Read and interpret drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
- Reasonable ability to Lay out / Fit & Weld a variety of structural shapes and plate thicknesses.
- Utilize multiple welding machines and processes.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets LPOA quality standards.
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient Communication
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Oriented
- Ability to produce quality products consistently
- Dependable! Good work ethic
- High School diploma/GED
- At least 2 years previous welding experience and or welding certificate required
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work an off shift if required
Level II Rate: $19.00 an hour (depending on experience of candidate)and offering a $5.00 shift differential for Second Shift non training schedules.