Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to)
- Able to independently operate CNC machines either mill or lathe
- Consistently performs manual machine operations
- Able to conduct loading and fixturing of parts on CNC machines
- Uses math skills daily (decimal, fraction and conversion)
- Consistently able follow written work instructions
- Load stock into machines and associated fixturing
- Deburr as necessary
- Change tools and perform tool offsets as needed
- Perform machine maintenance for daily use (i.e. tool life management, coolant, oils and fluid level and accuracy)
- Must work independently and/or in a team environment
- Must meet expected throughput of production goals
- Maintain 4 or fewer reject tags per year
- Perform level 1 tasks as well
- Moderate frequency of heavy lifting (maximum weight 50lbs)
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Moderate frequency of gripping/reaching
- Manual dexterity is necessary
- Ability to stand for 8 – 10 hours a day, 5 – 6 days a week
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards.
- Programming and operation of CNC machines (Mazak)
- Read blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or tool post). Change tools, adjust heights and tool comps to maintain required quality output of machine.
- Inspect products during the machining operation to determine if parts meet specifications, complying with established standards and methods for inspection, testing, evaluation and calibration.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, offsets and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications using appropriate measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and gauges.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports need for machine repairs.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Sets up/programs and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
- Ability to inspect and measure components using appropriate measuring tools
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing tasks as necessary.
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards
- Ability to perform machine maintenance for daily use (i.e. tool life management, coolant, oils and fluid level and accuracy)
- High School diploma/GED
- English Proficiency
- Must be 18 years of age
- 3-4 years Previous experience in CNC programming and set-up and or associates in machine school technologies.
Level II Rate information : $18.00 an hour (depending on experience of candidate) and offering a $5.00 shift differential for Second Shift non training schedules.