Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 4:30pm/Sunday – Thursday 4:30pm – 2:00am
Essential Functions (to include, but not limited to)
- Programming and operation of CNC machines (Mazak)
- Read blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or tool post). Change tools, adjust heights and tool comps to maintain required quality output of machine.
- Inspect products during the machining operation to determine if parts meet specifications, complying with established standards and methods for inspection, testing, evaluation and calibration.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports need for machine repairs.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Sets up/programs and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
- Moderate frequency of heavy lifting (maximum weight 50lbs)
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Moderate frequency of gripping/reaching
- Manual dexterity is necessary
- Ability to stand for 8 – 10 hours a day, 5 – 6 days a week
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards.
Other Job Functions
- Ability to inspect and measure components using appropriate measuring tools
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing tasks as necessary
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards
- Ability to perform machine maintenance for daily use (i.e. tool life management, coolant, oils and fluid level and accuracy)
- English Proficiency
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience in CNC lathe programming and set-up
- Experience with calipers and micrometers
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and drill press machine
Wages starting at $16.00 an hour (depending on experience of candidate)