Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with technicians or administrative staff
- Generate required hardware design schematics, wiring diagrams, and inventories
- Develop and customize application software and documentation.
- Develop user’s and operations manuals for equipment supplied.
- Perform commissioning and debugging for intermediate to complex machine applications.
- Provide Technical expertise, support and enhancement of automation related systems, and implement required updates to avoid technical obsolescence.
- Demonstrates continuous commitment to identifying problems and improving our ability to deliver a superior product to our customers.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Perform risk assessments and job safety analysis, and complete work in a safe manner
- Specify and purchase equipment related to new and existing machine designs
- Use advanced tools/techniques/innovations to reduce process variations and downtime
- Understand the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human-Machine-Interface design
- Interact with consultants and suppliers to determine system compatibility
- Inform stakeholders of project status and address project issues as necessary
- Research and specify components to UL508A or UL891 as applicable to the design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, electrical, mechanical, or computer science from an ABET accredited engineering school.
- Member of professional practice organization
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel internationally
- Currently able to work in the United States with English proficiency
- Ability to lift and carry loads of up to 50lbs
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments during the summer and winter
- Work at high altitudes
- English Proficiency
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Office.
- 3 years’ design background, including Electrical CAD systems and database management
- 2 years’ experience in integrated automation and information systems in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience with Rockwell Software
- 2 years’ experience with DC and/or AC drives and motors
- Exposure to National Electrical Code (NEC) and Arc-Flash (NFPA-70)
The Level I rate starts at $26.00 an hour depending on candidate experience.