Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to)
- Demonstrates continuous commitment to identifying problems and improving our ability to deliver a superior product to our customers.
- Plan and schedule a range of projects.
- Comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Generate required hardware design schematics, wiring diagrams, and inventories
- Develop and customize application software and documentation.
- Develop user’s and operations manuals for equipment supplied.
- Perform commissioning and debugging for intermediate to complex machine applications.
- Provide technical expertise, support and enhancement of automation related systems, and implement required updates to avoid technical obsolescence.
- Lift and carry loads up to 50lbs.
- Climb ladders and walk on catwalks.
- Drive, sit, or kneel for extended periods.
- Drive off highway in mountainous areas.
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments during the summer and winter.
- Work at high altitudes.
- Work overtime with little notice.
- Work around operating machinery.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Perform risk assessments and job safety analysis, and complete work in a safe manner.
- Specify and purchase equipment related to new and existing machine designs.
- Use advanced tools / techniques / innovations to reduce process variations and downtime.
- Understand the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human-Machine-Interface design and implementation.
- Interact with consultants and suppliers to determine the compatibility of other systems and products as they may apply to the equipment.
- Inform stakeholders of project status and address project issues as necessary.
- Research and specify components to UL508A or UL891 as applicable to the design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, electrical, mechanical, or computer science from an ABET accredited engineering school.
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel internationally
- Currently able to work in the United States with English proficiency
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to develop and educate other team members
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Knowledge of data types, base 2 (binary), base 16 (hexadecimal), base 8 (octal) and Real (floating point) numbering systems and their applications
- Knowledge of Word / Bit addressing schemes.
- Knowledge of logical operators (i.e. AND, OR, NOT, XOR)
- Programming in ladder logic, structured-text, function-blocks, and sequential function charts
- Knowledge of machines, tools, and schematic reading
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving capabilities to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments
- Demonstrated understanding of control engineering principles such as process control, closed and open loop control
- Licensed P.E. or completion of the EIT and desire to become a Professional Engineer
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Office.
- 3 years’ design background, including Electrical CAD systems and database management
- 2 years’ experience in integrated automation and information systems in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience with Rockwell Software
- 2 years’ experience with DC and/or AC drives and motors
- Exposure to Python, C++, JAVA and/or PHP Programming Languages
- Exposure to National Electrical Code (NEC) and Arc-Flash (NFPA-70)
Salary starting at $50,000/yr (depending on experience of candidate)